Departing from Vliha bay, the path we follow – awash with aromatic plants and herbs- leads to the ancient polis of Lindos; there lies the tomb of Kleovoulos the Lindian; one of the seven wise men in antiquity. At this spot the ancient castle of Lindos can be admired from a unique perspective. Next on our way, carved within the rocks, a small church of Virgin Mary with frescos dating back to the 12th century appears close to an old windmill, in the middle of wild fields. On the way back to Vliha bay, we will admire the exceptional rocky landscape - where rare species of kestrels hole up - facing the big bright blue sea.
- Hiking with two stops, the Virgin Mary church and the windmill.
- Final destination is Kleovoulos tomb.
- Return to Vliha beach.
DIFFICULTY GRADE : 2
- Up to 3 hours’ hike on minor roads, paths and off-road paths of mild inclination angle.
- Ideal for beginners in average physical condition.
- Children of 10 years old minimum.
COST€18 / person
MEETING POINT : Vliha Beach - "Azzurro" Bar
MEETING TIME : 09:00
TIME OF DEPARTURE : 09:15
DURATION : Half day excursion
DISTANCE : 6.5 km.
HIKING TIME : ~ 3 hours
MINIMUM ELEVATION : 0 m.
MAXIMUM ELEVATION : 115 m.
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS : 20
• First aid kit.
• The presence of an environmentalist as well as an escort for groups over 10 people (1 escort per 10 people).
• Traditional snack.
• Trekking poles and special shoes are available for hire for only €5/person.
• Transport to the meeting point from your accommodation can be arranged on charge (€12/person).