An itinerary within the nature of Monolithos; a village with stone-built houses and picturesque lanes. The route spans around the imposing chivalric castle that stands on a steep. The view from the castle is so exceptional; leaving one speechless. Following, we will get to know some of the locals and taste the delicious, authentic cuisine of the area. A truly memorable experience.
- Arrival at Monolithos village.
- Hike in the area with two stops, one at the castle of Monolithos and then at the little tabernacle of St. George for picknick.
- Return to Monolithos village for a traditional meal and a stroll within the settlement.
DIFFICULTY GRADE : 3
- Up to 5 hours’ hike on minor roads and paths of mean inclination angle.
- Ideal for beginners in average physical condition.
- Children above the age of 12.
COST€40 / person
MEETING POINT : Church of Monolithos village
MEETING TIME : 10:00
TIME OF DEPARTURE : 10:15
DURATION : Full day excursion
DISTANCE : 10 km.
HIKING TIME : ~ 4 hours
MINIMUM ELEVATION : 10 m.
MAXIMUM ELEVATION : 342 m.
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS : 16
• First aid kit.
• The presence of an environmentalist as well as an escort for groups over 8 people (1 escort per 8 people).
• Traditional snack.
• Trekking poles and special shoes are available for hire for only €5/person.
• Transport to the meeting point from your accommodation can be arranged on charge (€12/person).
• Full meal of authentic local dishes in a traditional tavern(€13/person).